Monday, October 8, 2012

Scary Changes


So here is one small change in our home. We are hosting a campaign worker for the Mitt Romney for President campaign. Long story but basically she needed a place to stay for a month and my friend Catherine asked if we would host her. We are happy to help and said of course.

I am beginning to see how hard these campaigners work. She is only here to sleep and she never gets enough time for that. If anyone in our area wants to volunteer for the Romney campaign let me know and I will hook you up with our new boarder.

Now for the bigger and much scarier change ... I have decided to take the Nevada Bar Exam. I really never thought I would do that. But as my kids get older I feel I am certainly going to want something I can do while they are at school. I just know myself well enough to know that I do best when I am being challenged and I do not find enough challenge in housework or volunteering.

I don't want to over simplify this decision. It has been months in the making and there has been much fasting and prayer involved. It has not been an easy process to get here. There have been tears and fears and frustrations. But I feel certain that I am on the right path and that I just need to take my time traveling it.

This doesn't mean I am going back to work right now. It means I am studying. And as I dipped my toe into my review course yesterday I had a few things become clear to me. Number one, I have forgotten SO MUCH. It is scary how much I have forgotten. Number two, I love learning and I feel confident in my ability to relearn all these legal terms and tests that have slipped into the dark recesses of my mind.

Now the scary part of this is that you will all know if I fail the exam. :0) I hope I don't fail and I would feel pretty confident in passing if it were 2002 and not 2012 but since I haven't practiced law in 11 years and its been 12 years since I took the bar ... yeah I could totally fail.

The other scary thing or rather "faith trying" part of this is being sensitive to the timetable that is right for me to start working and what kind and how much work I should do. That is all just a big hazy cloud in front of me that I am not sure about. I have always felt I would work again someday. And for now I feel like getting the NV bar under my belt is my first step toward that. After that, well I guess the Lord will help me find those answers when He deems I am ready for them.

So if I am blogging less these next several months, it probably means I am studying. I will need to be doing lots of that.

9 comments:

The Lucksters said...

I will pray for you. YOU CAN DO IT!
Kellie J

stefanie said...

Congrats on the decision. And good luck to you! I can only imagine how challenging it will be to get back into it, but I think you will be great and things will find its course once you get into routine! Good for you!

cynphil6 said...

Knowing how prayerful, careful and considerate you are, I know you will be OK! Good for you. I'm proud of you. xoxo

chercard said...

I want to volunteer but I have been hesitant to sign up because I'm very limited on time! I have maybe two hours a week I could help out. Give her my email if she can use someone who has very little time. Vegasmom77 at gmail dot com.

Cheryl Cardall

Judy said...

Congratulations! What an exciting thing!! I have had alot of the same thinking...all but one of my kids are now in school & I keep wondering "what do I do now??" Such a hard & scary thing!! You are such an amazing women I am sure you will do just fine!! Lots of prayers for you over the next few months!!

The Gray Family said...

good luck that is exciting! You are one smart cookie i have no doubt you will do just fine :>)

Taylors said...

Good luck! You can do it!!!
Love your blog :)

-Camie

Anonymous said...

FYI.
www.thesisterscafe.com

Emily @ RemarkableHome said...

You are amazing! I have no doubt you will pass! How exciting! I miss you and our breakfast dates. I'll be in town after Christmas. We must get together!