One of the ideas for our next topic wanted to know more about my law school years. I am ready for a fun topic today and this gave me an idea. I have stated before that I am a very honest person by nature. It is really hard for me even to exaggerate. But one game I love to play is two truths and a lie. It is a game where you tell two true things about yourself and make up one lie and people try to guess which is the lie.
I thought it might be fun to play a grander version of this and let you all get to know some other things about me that most probably don't know. I will throw three lies into my list of random facts about me. Your challenge is to spot the lies. I will be sending a fabulous prize to three of the people who can guess all three lies correctly. You have until Wednesday morning at 8 a.m. Pacific Standard Time. I will choose the three winners randomly from those who correctly spot all three lies. Deal? I will announce the winning screen names and post their comment the next day and they can then email me their mailing addresses. Oh and my husband, parents, and siblings are exempt. In laws can play but can't ask any of my siblings for help.
I don't normally do these types of posts that are so common to blogging, but I thought it might be a fun way to let you all know a little more about the lesser know things about me.
A photo of me taken Sunday in my new apron made for me by Marylin (thanks Marylin) with two of my chefs helping make the chocolate chip pancakes.
Facts about Stephanie Waite:
1) I danced ballroom in high school.
2) I have sung in a professional opera.
3) I once got a D on a report card.
4) I was a journalist in college.
5) I have been to several press conferences at the White House.
6) I sat across a conference room table from Al Gore when he was Vice President.
7) I have lived in 4 different countries.
8) I speak Spanish.
9) I can say a few phrases in Japanese.
10) I love to shop.
11) I play the piano.
12) I learned to play a little violin when I was young.
13) I prefer Crest toothpaste.
14) I only ever kissed 7 guys in my single days.
15) I went out on dates with exactly 100 different guys before I was married.
16) I keep in touch with more of my guy friends from high school than my girl friends.
17) I helped defend the head of the Mexican mafia in Compton in a murder case.
18) I never got anything less than a B in law school.
19) I am allergic to certain metals so I have to choose my jewelry carefully.
20) I have asthma.
21) I wear contacts.
22) I have only ever had one cavity.
23) I have gotten lost in the Pyrenees on the border between France and Spain.
24) I have danced with school children in rural Kenya.
25) The first time Jon asked if he could hold my hand I told him NO.
26) I have had pneumonia.
27) I have never broken a bone.
28) The first boy I ever kissed was a Spaniard in Spain.
29) I crochet.
30) I have grown my hair out specifically to donate it to Locks of Love.
31) I enjoy playing football.
32) I golfed on our high school golf team.
33) I once saw Monica Lewinsky exiting the court after she testified before the grand jury while I was walking home from work.
34) I am terrible at goodbyes. I never feel the full force of missing till later and often seem unemotional when saying goodbye to loved ones.
35) The summer between my junior and senior year of high school I hung out nearly every weekend in a bar.
36) My 3 favorite household chores are doing the dishes, cleaning bathrooms, and doing laundry.
37) My 3 least favorite household chores are ironing, making beds, vacuuming/mopping.
38) I have had many personal conversations (more than I could count) with Senator Harry Reid (D-NV).
39) My 3 favorite treats are Otis Spunkmeyer double chocolate chip cookies, Baskin Robbins mint chocolate chip ice cream, and homemade oreos from the Bouchon Bakery at the Venetian.
40) Three foods I really hate are olives (especially green ones), bell peppers, and capers.
41) I had a lisp when I was little.
42) When I was really little my family called me Googie.
43) As a kid my family called me Tiff.
44) Nearly everyone who messes up or forgets my name calls me Jennifer.
45) One of the other names my parents considered naming me was Lisette.
46) I have seen the musical Les Miserables 3 times, each performance was at least 3000 miles from either of the others.
47) I have never paid to send a child to preschool.
48) My best friend in crime when I was really little was a boy we called Gooey.
49) My first crush was a neighbor boy named Rob.
50) I have eaten escargot.
Okay folks begin your analysis. I can't wait to see which facts you think are the three lies.
****** EDITED AT 2:40 PM TUESDAY *********
Okay seeing how this is harder than I imagined. I will give the prize to anyone who can get two of the lies. And I will give you a hint. Also you can vote again if you have already voted, since I am giving a hint now.
One of the lies has been guessed lots. It is one of the most popular guesses. One of the lies has only been guessed once so far. And one of the lies hasn't been guessed by anyone yet. The last comment when I wrote this was my Husbands which was the best guess ever. He did get all three lies but thought there were more than three. I had to verify a couple of the truths for him.