Thursday, December 16, 2010

36

Today I am 36. Jon sent me to the spa as my present. It was the best present ever. I got a "mommy to be" massage and a pedicure. I was there for about 3 hours and I felt like I was in heaven and not sick for all 3 of those hours. It was great.

It made me think, as I was getting my massage and thinking of how heavenly it was, about what the soundtrack of heaven would be like? Maybe different for every person? I have to think it will be quieter there than here but I wonder if there will be music playing all the time to emote peace. Or maybe music will be on a whole new level there that we can't even imagine here.

I look forward to having all of those curious questions of mine answered someday. For now I am more than happy to enjoy the "heavenly" things of this earth - like a great spa day for a tired achy body.

6 comments:

dswillis said...

Happy Birthday, Stephanie, As luck would have it we are both born on December 16th. I Nineteen years before you. I am glad you are having a good day.
Sincerely,
Stephanie Willis

Darleen said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEPHANIE!! Love you. Enjoy your spa day.

Jarom & Candise said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad you enjoyed some pampering. I am a daily reader, and seldom (ok, never) commenter! But I couldn't help sharing. I was listening to Christmas Bluegrass yesterday and Carol of the Bells came on. My daughter asked about the song. I told her the title and she was quick to disagree. She said, "No, it's the song when Lehi & Nephi come into the Promised Land!" It has been a fun thing to ponder.

I wish your family the best this Christmas season.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!im so happy that jon sent you out to be pampered.. and 36... sheesh your still a baby. enjoy yourself and your youth.. :)

Apron Appeal said...

ahhh heaven, Its funny how your thoughts can go to a place so much and then in a moment someone (you in this case) says something and you remember that's it's actually been a while since you've contemplated the subject....

Anyway, in the past when I thought alot about what Heaven would be like, my favorite (probably because of the reaction I get from others) was that I think there will be no clothes. Mostly because I know I don't want to be doing laundry in the hearafter.

My mother in law said our clothes just wont get dirty. If that were the case then it would be Hell for me because my son wouldn't be there with me. He cannot abide in a place where he cannot get dirty. :)

How's that for some random ramblings? :)

Merry Christmas.

The Lucksters said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
I love your blog. You always inspire me.
Kellie