Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Spoon Anyone?

Each child has his or her own little quirks that endear them to us all the more. One I have come to note about Noble is his love of spoons. This kid will not suck on a binki, a bottle, or a sippy cup. But he loves to walk around the house with a spoon either in his hand or his mouth. I think it is kind of funny so I decided to get a photo of him with his spoon in his mouth. I tried to get a photo of him for about 10 minutes. Here is what I got:
Do you see a pattern here? Every time I pointed the camera at this kid he turned and took off in the opposite direction. How in the world was I going to get this picture? Then I had a thought. I went and got the phone. Here he is below reaching for the thing with buttons that calls people.
And here he is with his treasured phone.
In the end I did manage to get a couple of shots with him facing forward. He has a spoon either in his mouth or his hand in every picture but it is hard to see it in some of them.

10 comments:

brittany said...

Did you get my email? I thought of you all day yesterday....

I can't believe how big Noble is getting.

I can't believe it has almost been two years.

I can't believe it has almost been two years and I am still here.

Two years closer.... someday, just not today.

Diana Lesjak said...

He is fabulous, isn't he??

KaLynn ("MiMi") said...

AWWWWWW!! Precious!!

Anonymous said...

This can be very dangerous. It's cute but I think I would take the spoon away if I were you.

Amanda said...

I love it, that is just too cute!!!

Beth said...

He is such a cutie...
but do be careful - maybe find him one of those soft toddler spoons with a rounded handle...less likely to jam in his mouth should he take a tumble.
I love that outstretched foot while taking a walk down the hall!

Anonymous said...

With him just learning to walk....this is really frightening to me....please take the spoons away!!!

Heather H said...

I love that he turns the other way when you try to take a picture! My 1 yr old little guy is the same way. :)

Anonymous said...

He does look cute, but I'll also add to the others' cautions. Years ago, I saw a "Rescue 911" episode where a 4-year-old boy was running through his house with a toothbrush in his mouth. He ended up falling forward on it. It took a very risky surgery to remove the toothbrush from the back of his throat. I've never forgotten that, and have never let our kids walk around with anything in their mouths.

Aaron Waite said...

He's huge. Look at him go. What a cutie.