Saturday, January 17, 2009

Annie's Birthday

Thanks for all the great birthday suggestions! In honor of Ann Marie's true birthday today, I thought I would share some photos from her party last week. Today we will be celebrating with some cousins we haven't seen in months. 
Here is Annie next to the "Annie fairy" I drew of her for the game of pin the wings on the Annie Fairy. Tracing her like this just made me realize how stinking skinny this little girl is. her bum and waist were no bigger than her tiny little thighs. Okay I know I am not the best artist here but I must disclaim I haven't ever draw a side facing person before.  It served the purpose at least.

Here is how the cake turned out. I bought a toy musical box that had a Tinkerbell figure that went on top. It was a recreation of the music box Tink fixes in the movie. Then I decorated the cake to match the toy. It may not be pro but Annie liked it just fine.
Here is our little Annie fairy, all dressed up for her party and blowing out her candles flanked by her classmates/friends. She had a great time and we survived the party well.


12 comments:

Unknown said...

I think the cake looks cute. you did a good job, better then I would have ever done. It also looks like they all had super fun. Happy Birthday Annie.....

Amanda said...

I think the cake is way cute! My daughter just turned 4 and she had a tinker bell party too. Although my cake wasn't anywhere near as well decorated as yours. My daughter has also changed her name to tinker bell, her name is now "Emi Tinker Bell Alaina O'Hara Tinker Bell"

Shanan said...

Happy Birthday, my little Annie Marie!! Miss you!

Kathryn_m said...

Super job on the cake, Stephanie.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANNIE!

Katie Price said...

You are a wonderful mother. You should be proud of yourself.

Anonymous said...

how cute is your belly in the cake picture!!!!!!!!!!!!

great job mama on a first-class tink party! i bet it was a hit!

hope you're feeling well!

Anonymous said...

dear annie,

happy birthday to you! i bet you looooooved your tink party. at disneyland last month we saw a parade with tink on top of the float! it was so cool! i heard you did a beautiful job sharing your testimony at church last week. wow, i bet your friends hearts were really touched by you sharing.

have a wonderful birthday!

Anonymous said...

Oh, so fun! Happy Birthday, Annie!

p.s. Where did you get the pink butcher paper??

Amanda said...

What a darling cake!

Lori said...

What a sweet mother you are. Looks like a wonderful party. Great job on the sketch and cake.

Anonymous said...

Well done Stephanie and happy birthday Annie fairy!

Love

Jane

Maggie May said...

very sweet!