Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Dear Evan Hansen

Knowledge #3

I was in NYC a couple weeks ago with my sister's in law and we saw the musical Dear Evan Hansen. While it did have some language in it, I loved the message so much. The theme of it was that every life matters and we all need to be heard and connected and loved. I loved the music and the acting was on point. It only had 9 cast members but they sang beautifully and made the production feel larger than it was.

As it relates to Article 13 - There was a lot of virtue in the play. The messages of being loved and feeling valued are some of the most important virtues out there. The music was lovely. The acting was of good report and praiseworthy. Overall I think this musical fits the bill of being in line with the 13th article of faith, despite the language.

No comments: