Sunday, April 22, 2012

Cami's Kindness Week

I have been extraordinarily busy the last week and will be the coming week but I have to take some time to post that I am declaring this week Cami's Kindness week. Usually I only do a day (her birthday) and I ask everyone to do random acts of kindness (above and beyond what they would normally do) as a birthday gift to her.

But this year she would have turned 5. That is a big birthday. So I am asking for a work week of kindness--5 days of random acts of kindness. If you want to take on the challenge and give this gift to my little Camille I would love to hear what you did. They don't have to be big things. It could be just getting on the ground and playing with your kids when you normally wouldn't or reading them an extra book.

Camille's birthday was Thursday the 19th and our family went to Disneyland and met up with cousins Hank and Lili who turned 2 the same day. We also enjoyed the day with our other Harris cousins from Southern California and our aunts and uncles and some of their friends and their kids and our aunt Nikki's sister and her kids. Basically we were a massive herd roaming around Disneyland having a wonderful day in the Happiest Place on Earth and it was great.

We drove in the night before and met Jonathan who was down there for the grand opening of our Southern California LaptopXchange in Ontario. We all went to dinner at BJ's because I have been craving a pizookie for about 2 months. Here we are eating our pizookies (giant cookies with ice cream on top).
Noble and I shared the triple chocolate.
 The girls shared 1/2 Oreo 1/2 chocolate chip.
Daddy and Annie and Baby share 1/2 white chocolate Macadamia nut and 1/2 red velvet with cream cheese and white chocolate chips. Yummm! Mine was still the best. :)

The next morning we woke up early and met up with the cousins to walk to Disneyland. I miss our So. Cal. family. Everyone has a buddy!

Here are the cousins waiting for Hank and Lili and Darren and Nikki to start the day.

When we left Disneyland for California Adventure we tried to get another photo with all the cousins.



But the train was rather distracting.

It was a great day and Nikki and Elizabeth made these adorable blue buttons for us all to wear that said Celebrating Camille with a big white tulip and a number 5 on them. 




Thanks for the fun day everyone! I have so much more to post about the Power of Moms Retreat I went to and other stuff but right now I need to go get Harrison ready for church.

Let me know what you do for Cami's Kindness week please!

5 comments:

Tanya said...

I was behind you in line for Nemo on Thursday. I have been following your blog for the last few years and I was going to say something to you but decided to let you enjoy your time with your family. It was like seeing a celebrity though and I had to text my friends =) You have truly been an inspiration the last 4 years. Hope you had a great trip!

Stephanie Waite said...

Tanya,
That is too funny. You should totally have said hello! We did have so much fun. I hope you did too. Were you on Nemo with us when my girls were all more interested in the butterfly that was in the boat than the ride itself?

Stephanie

Tanya said...

We were on the ride with you but I had 3 of my 4 kids with me and my little 2 year old was scared of the ride so I didn't hear much about the butterfly but I can see why that was more fun than the ride itself =) especially for older kids. Too funny!

Unknown said...

Stephnie,
While we had already set the wheels in motion for this "act of kindness," as we worked out the details this week I kept thinking of Camille and carried a few steps futher for her. This weekend is our Jr/Sr prom. My oldest son is a senior. He and my sophmore daughter came home last week saddened because there are two special needs kids in the junior clss who were voted to the prom court, for king and queen candidate. Both come from families with very little income. My kids knew that they have very little and probably could not afford the prom ticket, much less a formal gown, tux rental, etc. They were worried that if these two arrive at the prom without looking the part, that someone (because kids are often cruel) would make fun of them. So we decided to make their prom very special. We contacted the school and are anonymously paying for their tickets, tux rental for the young man, a dress for the young lady, shoes, a hairdresser, nails, the works. The families very graciously and humbly accepted the gift. I cannot wait to see them this Saturday evening in all the finery, the likes of which they have never before experienced. My son will be at the prom and will ensure that both of them are treated with the respect that they so deserve. I will think of Camille as I see this two all decked out. Camille was special and so are they.

cynphil6 said...

Hi Stephanie,
I am working at a skilled care facility now, and just wanted to let you know that I "burned" a compilation CD for some of my residents, who were wishing they could listen to "good" music. I am excited to play if for them tonight at "Happy Hour" which is about 4:00. lol. Love you guys!